Choosing your Bristol wedding photographer is an important decision! You want to make sure you make the right decision! Here are some top tips for you:
- Choose a qualified wedding photographer! I really can’t stress enough how important this really is. When you choose a qualified wedding photographer you are safe in the knowledge that the photographer has reached the required professional standard to photograph weddings. I qualified in wedding photography with the Master Photographers’ Association over ten years ago.
- Fall in love with the photographer’s style!
- Always choose an experienced photographer. Think about it, the more experienced, the more the photography on your day will run smoothly!. I have photographed over 150 weddings from small intimate ceremonies to larger weddings.
- Avoid fads and trends if you want timeless images! Spot coloured images are not timeless! You want to look back on your wedding photographers in twenty years or more to come and still love them.
- Ask to see a full wedding from start to finish, not just a selection of pictures in an album. Anybody can put their best pictures in an album! You want to see that the photographer can produce a professional standard of photography right through the day from beginning to end.
- Meet the photographer – you want to ensure that you will get on with them because you are inviting them to share the most important day of your life. If an in-person meeting is not possible for you, then schedule a telephone call. I love to get to know my couples before I photograph their wedding.
- Love the tangible products which the photographer offers! I only use the very finest Italian albums, hand made in Italy by Italian craftmen. You might consider than an album doesn’t matter, but you want your photographs to last generations so the album should too!
- Ensure you can see the detail in the wedding dress! Dresses which in photographers look overly white where you can’t see detail mean the photographer has over exposed the image. If you choose a dress where you absolutely love the lace detail, then you’ll want to see that in the photographs! An experienced and high quality wedding photographer will ensure that detail is retained in the images.
As blog posts can be quite dull without images, here is a gorgeous bride photographed by me during her Coombe Lodge wedding – I wanted to capture the back of her dress, but also make use of light and shadow to create depth. Notice how the detail of the dress has been maintained so you can see the lace.